"The developers' choice" - turning customers into elite software performers
2020 was a challenging year for everyone in the software industry and on a global scale. More than ever before, we saw the efforts made to harness technology and to digitise processes wherever possible. Our customers have had to swiftly adapt and innovate, and with our partner OutSystems, we're proud to have been able to support our customers through these new challenges.
The Forrester Wave is recognition of this. It's a 27-criterion evaluation of providers of low-code development platforms for professional developers, and identifies the 14 most significant. It illustrates how each provider measures up and helps software professionals select the right one for their needs.
The evaluation process breaks each provider down into categories: Leaders, Strong Performers, Contenders, and Challengers. As a ‘Leader’, OutSystems have proven they can:
- Elegantly address both data-centric and process-centric development patterns
- Provide tools suitable across a range of dev personas
- Meet specific infrastructure, architecture, and dev process requirements
The Forrester Wave's evaluation of OutSystems concluded that they are:
"A long-standing leader of the low-code market and brings a unique vision of turning customers into elite software performers on its platform. Leading systems integrators (SIs) use it for pure-play low-code implementations and core application projects, and the firm enjoys significant market mindshare and credibility. They have superior tools for user experience (UX) development, data modelling and management, mobile development, and development process support and collaboration — all underpinned by leading investments in AI. The platform also generates accessible code (a unique feature among the Leaders in this wave), bringing practical benefits such as the ability to scan that code with third-party testing tools.”
One reference customer compared OutSystems with the experience of driving a Porsche! That kind of customer feedback has helped us identify some of the most popular features of the OutSystems solution - the ones that helped us build apps that gave our customers surety in an ever uncertain landscape:
- Workflow Builder - turning ideas into apps in minutes
- Experience Builder - the ability to rapidly create and test prototypes, and generate production-ready code
- Machine Learning Builder - a tool that helps developers without advanced data science knowledge to build machine learning models and add them to their apps
- AI-Assisted Development - guides users through the development process using the expertise learned from millions of anonymised code patterns to suggest the right tools and patterns for any situation
- Architecture Dashboard - a monitoring feature that effectively manages technical debt during every stage of development
- Visual Merge - a simple versioning system that labels the modules with an incremental version number on each successful publish
- In-App Feedback - enables user feedback for apps, meaning users can send feedback while they're using an app in a specific environment
It's features like these that have led to OutSystems' recognition as a Leader in the low-code development platform landscape. It's one of the best options for low-code core modernisation, the rapid development of many smaller application patterns and experiences, and a logical fit for customers looking for a deeply featured product and access to the application code.
If you'd like to find out more about what makes our partner OutSystems' a leader in the industry, don't hesitate to get in touch.